The ocean provides the most wonderfull playground and free space on earth. We see it very strongly as our responsability to play fairly, preserve it, and pass it on to our children... We don't want to be over serious and boring about environmental education, but we try to gently raise awarness with our guests during their surfing holidays, about adopting an eco-friendly approach on a daily basis. We try to provide an example in order to limit the impact of our activities on the environment, in Seignosse, lovely part of South West France.
Surfing and eco-friendly approach and actions in an eco surf camp committed to its natural environment
The Surf Lodge itself has been renovated in respect of local architecture (protected zone) using natural sustainable and local materials (wood from Landes' artificial forest, natural coating).
- Our 9 sits van is equiped with a special filter that limits CO2 emission to drive you to the surf spots.
- We recycle paper, glass, plastic, we reuse and repair as much as possible and compost vegetables to enrich the soil.
- Shower and lavatory water and the SPA is warmed up by solar panels and a geothermic system takes over if sun is away.
- We provide a little information booklet for our guests explaining our environment concerns and eco-friendly approach. We give tips to engourage green behaviours e.g. to limit time spent under shower or to turn off the light when leaving a room ...
- We are happy to offer a 10% discount on our surfing packages to persons who will choose to drive car pool to the Lodge.
- We subscribe to french surfing federation eco surf movement and every year the Natural Surf Lodge in coordination with its team members support an environmental group. In 2014 we gave our support to Bloom fighting against deep-sea fishing.
A great surfing experience
First and foremost, the Natural Surf Lodge is a physical adventure surrounded and supported by nature.
This adventure includes living and sharing spectacular moments, while also learning to appreciate life's simple pleasures. It is also a good time and place to learn and practice a daily green approach land develop awarness of how one can live a more Eco-friendly life.
Surf packages and surf camps at the Natural Surf Lodge help small groups (8 or less) of international visitors (adults and teeangers) to meet and exchange experiences, in english, french, or spanish while learning to surf. The participants share daily life in an authentic French farmhouse with a friendly atmosphere.
At the same time, they become acquainted with local French people and their traditions, all which provide a tremendous learning opportunity and experience.
At the Natural Surf Lodge, you can promote a healthy body and mind by interacting with others who share a common interest, in a relaxed, supervised environment surrounded by Nature. The centuries-old oak trees and ocean surf lend themselves to experiencing ancient traditions, thus promoting a lifestyle in tune with the earth.
Surfing is not only a rewarding, yet demanding physical activity
Surfing allows us to enjoy being a part of Nature by requiring that we synchronize our activities with the ebb and flow of the Atlantic Ocean.
We have a healthy respect for Nature and her power, while simultaneously exchanging our mutual energy, enthusiasm, and skill with each wave's pure, unadulterated power. This relationship gives us a tremendous rush of adrenaline and good, plain, traditional fun.
Surfing is more than just a sport. Surfing is an open-air activity that develops many worthwhile qualities such as perseverance and self-control. Surfing carries a very special state of mind directly related to meeting challenges and the resulting self-accomplishment. Students learn to overcome personal obstacles and limitations through surfing the waves. They become one with our natural environment, including the three elements that create a wave : earth, wind, and water. Surfing is an ideal medium for growing strong relationships among these three elements and ourselves.
Regarding these elements, the Natural Surf Lodge reflects a particular spirit based upon :
• Respect for both Nature and person : acknowledgement of the human and environmental relationship
• Humility and respect for the power of the three elements
• Exhilarating freedom to be one with a wave and ride it to its completion
• Cultural exchange and sharing among fellow surfing enthusiasts of varying international backgrounds and traditions.
Surf school project
The surf school aims to help children and adults become better acquainted with an important aspect of their personal heritage : the Atlantic Ocean and its coastline. At the Natural Surf School you will learn surfing and ocean safety skills, while having great fun in the water.